Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beading Fool - Shell and Amazonite

I have been beading like a fool these last couple days. I also started a new hobby.....SEWING! (scary prospect) I needed something to carry my jewelry around in when I do shows so I broke out the new machine and made my first thing EVER! I got the material dirt cheap and it's pretty heavy duty, so that was an added bonus. There is a lot of flaws on the bag, but, with time, maybe I'll start getting into sewing as well.





****************************************************




This is a fun little necklace that I made yesterday. I got the shell disk beads from Michaels and used delica seed beads in the color "rootbeer". Brown is a very popular color these days and I've been using brown in a lot of my pieces.


****************************************************






Amazonite is another gemstone that I use often. I really like the shade of this stone. This necklace has sold very well for me. I use clear/silver lined sead beeds and silver metal beads to compliment the pretty color of the stone.



2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

That's a nice little totebag!! You know, I have a sewing machine in my closet...I should pull that thing out and figure out how to use it someday. LOL!!

Roz said...

You should play around with it! The fabric was literally $3 at Wal-mart. I got a half yard of each.