Friday, January 19, 2007

Jasper, Glass and Pearl....well....Fake Pearl

I've been keeping busy these past couple days. My table is covered in beads, findings, and stringing materials, but I'm hesitant to put it all away because every time I put my beads away, I just haul them out again and make the same mess. I've determined that we need a bigger house so that I can have a bead room with cable and a wine fridge. :)


Jasper is becoming one of my favorite beads to work with. There are so many different kinds and colors that it's really fun to see what you can come up with. For this necklace, I used Red and Green Spotted Jasper that I bought at www.firemountaingems.com (If you haven't checked out this bead site - YOU SHOULD!) I may still redo it, I'm not sold on the black czech glass beads that I used as spacers. We'll see.




********************************************



I also seem to be using quite a bit of glass beads. I saw a necklace very similar to this in a magazine, but it was made by using colorful quartz. I had a ton of extra glass beads and some clear glass chips, so I whipped this up. I think it's a fun piece that can go with many different outfits.








******************************************************



I love the look of pearls, but can hardly afford to buy a ton of real pearl items. I used a lot of glass based pearls as well as acrylic based pained pearls. This smokey blue color looks amazing in person. I made it longer (28") because I see so many longer necklaces in stores these days - they're really becoming popular.















No comments: